CEO-Rural Hospital, (Not for Profit) Open Position, due to 23 year+ retirement (current CEO) in a rapidly growing location of North Florida, located right off Hwy I-10 centrally located to Jacksonville & Lake City! Baker County Medical Services Inc./Ed Fraser Memorial Hospital is in Macclenny, FL-We are a 25 bed Licensed acute care Hospital, 68 bed skilled LTC Facility, 10 bed 24 hour ER, Family/Specialty Practice & Rural Health Clinic including State of the Art Ancillary Services with active Board Members.
BCMS, Inc. and the Baker County Community is seeking to find an ethical, innovative and well experienced Community/Rural Hospital-Healthcare-LTC-Skilled Nursing Facility CEO. The successful candidate will work with the current incumbent CEO of 23 years in transition of his retirement to build upon the foundation currently standing in conjunction with our strong management team, highly skilled staff, dedicated Board and numerous community partners. This is an excellent opportunity for a new leader to play a significant role in our continued growth in serving our community and healthcare environment. Baker County Medical Services -- where “We Treat You Like Family”.
The CEO should be able to be:
· Patient Focused-Embraces the standard of the patient being the center of all decisions.
· Collaborative-Committed to inviting participation in the evaluation and planning of all major initiatives; works to build consensus and alignment
· An Achiever- The CEO must seek achievement beyond standard expectations, innately driven to improvement and not satisfied with just compliance.
· Strong Character-Honest, Straight forward, given to transparency and full disclosure, able to maintain the highest level of integrity-regardless of situation, can easily address any question of moral’s or ethics to guide decision making. The CEO is an Advocate for BCMS, both internally and externally, a model of responsiveness from the administrative suite that is flexible, yet predictable and reliable that will reinforce trust even in times of divergent opinion.
· Courageous-The CEO must be able to remain fearless in “Doing the Right Thing”, comfortable in presenting a full and accurate picture in any situation.
· Superior Communicator-The CEO must be a master of communication, both verbal and written and have the ability to have courageous conversations, must be a good listener with innate empathy for differing views. Ability to use cross communication skills.
· Decisive-Have conviction based on well thought out analysis and personal strength based upon diverse past experiences.
· Visionary-The CEO can take the Organization to the next level in its structure, scope, performance and QI; has the ability to “stay ahead of the game” by anticipating demands and constraints within the evolving healthcare industry and be able to ensure BCMS is positioned for continued success.
· Persuasive-The CEO must be astute, analyze situations and be consistent in the delivery of the message of BCMS’s mission, vision and values.
· Master’s Degree (e.g., Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration) graduate of an accredited University with a degree in Management or related field; 5 yrs.+ directly related experience with community healthcare facilities of similar size and structure (Rural, Critical Access, Independent Hospital)
· Possess multiple years of senior management experience
· Must be technology adept
· Must pass Level 2 AHCA Background Screening
We are providing an attractive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package to be discussed -- Residency/Relocation to Baker County, FL.
BAKER COUNTY FLORIDA - A Small Community with a Big Future:
Widely recognized for its exceptional quality of life, Baker County is a diverse and rich community, filled with an abundance of natural beauty, bountiful in resources and a strong, capable spirit. Home to a culture of good neighbors and strong faith, Baker County blends its values with innovation, agriculture and industry and with its close proximity to transportation hubs and the First Coast of Jacksonville.